Scoliosis Relief - Phase 1
This is for you if you have scoliosis and are looking to improve your curves and prevent worsening of curvature. Combined with our services, this is the first phase of care for scoliosis. Click on each arrow to reveal pictures and instructions.
1. These stretches are not designed to be medical advice. First consult a medical professional to ensure you don’t have an issue that requires medical attention (ie. break, infection, tumor, tear or organ involvement.)
2. If any of the stretches cause pain, stop doing it and move on to the next one.
1. Do these stretches at least once daily for 4 months. For faster results, repeat the sequence as much as 10x/day in the order given. If any stretch causes discomfort, skip that stretch for now and reintroduce it later.
2. You should notice more energy around week four.
3. For months 5-8, move onto the Scoliosis Relief – Phase 2
Total Time - 7 mins
How: Stand against the wall with heels, butt, shoulders and head against the wall. Hold the position.
How: Stand against the wall with heels, butt, shoulders and head against the wall. Then place one foot on a chair in front of you with knee bent 90 degrees or more. Hold the position.
How: Stand up straight. Arms extended straight out level with shoulders. Thumbs out, fingers curled, knuckles extended.
1. Squeeze shoulder blades together slightly, and rotate the arms forward up and over in the direction the thumbs are pointing in a quick six-inch diameter circle. If one shoulder wants to wobble forward or pop up, lower both arms until they stay level.
2. Turn palms up, thumbs back. Reverse circles up and over backward. Repeat.
How: Thumbs out, fingers curled, knuckles extended. Attach knuckles to temples in front of ears. Draw elbows back to squeeze shoulder blades. Slowly hinge arms forward until forearms touch. Keep knuckles attached to temples, thumbs fully extended, head erect. If head moves back and forth, stand up against wall, slow down, and breathe deeply.
HOW: GET ON HANDS AND KNEES. ROUND BACK AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE WHILE LOOKING AT KNEES. THEN REVERSE TO DIP BELLY TO FLOOR AS LOOK UP TO THE SKY.
HOW: GET ON HANDS AND KNEES. DIP BELLY TO FLOOR AS YOU DROP THE HEAD AND BRING SHOULDER BLADES TOGETHER. LEAN FORWARD INTO HANDS.
HOW: LAY ON YOUR BACK IN A SQUAT POSITION WITH FEET ON WALL. KNOCK KNEES AS YOU WALK FEET OUTWARD. THEN REVERSE TO PUT SOLES OF FEET TOGETHER AND LET KNEES DROP.
HOW: LAY ON YOUR BACK IN A SQUAT POSITION WITH FEET ON WALL. LIFT SHOULDERS OFF THE GROUND SLOWLY AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE. THEN RETURN TO REST POSITION.
HOW: LAY ON YOUR STOMACH. TURN FEET TOWARD EACH OTHER (PIGEON-TOED). RAISE UPPER BODY UP TO THE POINT OF RESTING ON YOUR ELBOWS.