How To Stand Longer
If you have trouble standing for a long period, especially at work, then this is for you. Click on each arrow to reveal pictures and instructions.
1. These stretches are not designed to be medical advice. First consult a medical professional to ensure you don’t have an issue that requires medical attention.
2. If any of the postures cause pain, stop doing it and move on to the next one.
1. Follow the posture tips to be able to stand longer. If any posture, stretch or exercise causes discomfort, skip that stretch for now and reintroduce it later.
2. If you are having any foot, ankle, leg, knee or hip pains, then return to the Relief Stretches first.
3. Once the tension or pain is gone, use the daily warm-up exercises to stay feeling young and active.
1. Practice These Postures
HOW: KIDNEY-BEAN THE FEET BY PLANTING THE BALL AND TOES, THEN TURN THE HEEL INWARD TO CREATE A REINFORCED FOOT ARCH. THIS WILL CAUSE THE KNEES TO BEND SLIGHTLY, MAKING YOUR HEAD BALANCE OVER YOUR SHOULDERS IN GOOD POSTURE.
HOW: WHEN YOU TAKE A STEP, PUSH WITH YOUR BUTT SO THAT YOUR BACK KNEE STRAIGHTENS AND YOUR BACK HEEL REMAINS ON THE GROUND AS LONG AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP. THE HEELS WALK A STRAIGHT LINE. YOU WILL NOTICE YOUR HAMSTRINGS AND CALVES STRETCHING WITH EACH STEP. THIS IS “NORMAL” WALKING IN CULTURES WITH GREAT POSTURE AND WITHOUT BACK OR NECK PAIN.
2. Perform These Exercises
HOW: STAND WITH HEELS, BUTT, SHOULDERS, HEAD AND ELBOWS AGAINST WALL. HOLD POSITION.
HOW: STAND WITH HEELS, BUTT, SHOULDERS, HEAD & ELBOWS AGAINST WALL. PLACE ONE FOOT ON CHAIR WITH KNEE BENT. KNEE LINED UP OVER BIG TOE.
HOW: CIRCLE FOOT CLOCKWISE. THEN CIRCLE FOOT COUNTERCLOCKWISE. KEEP KNEE STILL SO MOVEMENT COMES FROM ANKLE. REPEAT ON OTHER LEG. THEN FLEX FOOT UP AND DOWN.